We have experience in a variety of industry sectors, including oil and gas, property, construction, farming, resource management, insolvency and the public sector. This experience ensures we have the skills to navigate through the specific issues associated with each sector as they arise.
Our services include:
- Providing our clients with clear, sound advice about the critical legal issues at hand, the processes and options for resolution and the remedies available to them;
- Civil proceedings at all levels, including before regulatory authorities, tribunals, District Court, High Court and the Court of Appeal;
- Arbitrations, mediations and adjudications; and
- Negotiating settlement agreements.
We act on a full range of disputes and issues including:
- Contractual disputes, including misrepresentation, cancellation and specific performance claims;
- Lease and property law disputes;
- Debt recovery and enforcement proceedings, including against guarantors;
- Bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings;
- Environmental and Resource Management Act proceedings (including Council hearings, prosecutions and Environment Court appeals);
- Disputes involving access agreements under the Crown Minerals Act;
- Employment disputes;
- Building Act and construction contract disputes, including prosecutions and adjudications;
- Administrative law and judicial review proceedings;
- Defamation claims;
- Fair Trading Act and Consumer Guarantee Act disputes;
- Private criminal matters;
- Driving and traffic matters, including limited licence applications.
Court and tribunal advocacy
We focus on achieving the best outcome for our clients in the most effective manner possible. Our approach is to undertake a careful and thorough analysis of the issues which are at the heart of any dispute or proceeding at the outset. We then make sure our clients are fully appraised of their options, the processes and risks involved and we work with our clients to develop a strategy that will best achieve their goals.