Our resource management specialists have significant experience and expertise advising and representing clients in all aspects of resource management law. We advise a variety of clients, including property developers, community groups, individuals and local authorities on all Resource Management Act 1991 processes, from consent applications and plan changes, through to representing clients in mediation, Council hearings and Environment Court appeals, and Board of Inquiry processes.
Our Resource Management services and experience include:
- Assisting local authorities to draft and advise on district and regional plan provisions;
- Advising on and preparing resource consent applications;
- project managing resource consenting projects, including with respect to large residential and coastal subdivisions; commercial developments and industrial facilities;
- minerals and petroleum development, including assisting to obtain consents for offshore installations in the coastal marine area and EEZ and with respect to access arrangements and iwi consultation;
- acting for affected parties in opposition to consent applications;
- advising on all aspects of the Resource Management Act and Local Government Acts;
- assisting clients to develop consultation strategies and to work with iwi to develop and strengthen relationships.
- appearing before Council Hearing Commissions; the Environment Court and the High Court; and
- prosecution and enforcement.