If you are a lawyer, law graduate, legal executive or a legal support person and believe you have the necessary attributes to join us, we would be interested in hearing from you.
Please contact our HR Coordinator.
Elder Law Team
Govett Quilliam has a strong brand nationally with a commitment to clients big and small, from New Zealand’s largest companies to SMEs, family matters and everything in between.
This is a newly established role within the Elder Law team. It will be interesting, varied, and will give you enough flexibility to develop the role into areas where there is opportunity.
The main functions of the role initially will be attending to family trust and will trust administration and management, including;
Reviewing legal and financial documents including:
- financial statements and insurance;
- trust deeds and deeds of retirement and appointment to ensure trust administration complies with trust legal requirements;
- personal planning documents for trusts and settlors including wills, enduring powers of attorney and memorandum of wishes;
- deeds of debt and forgiveness and gifting where deemed appropriate.
Undertaking annual trust reviews for family trusts and liaise with trustees, accountants, financial advisers and lawyers where required.
Will Trusts (Testamentary Trusts)
Reviewing trust terms where established under a will:
Amongst other matters, undertake annual trust reviews for testamentary trusts (usually where a life tenant exists) and liaise with professional and non-professional trustees, beneficiaries, accountants and financial advisers.
Experience and Competencies
Experience and competencies in relation to the following, although not necessary, would be highly regarded:
- tax returns or accounting matters for Estates and Trusts
- legal executive or law firm experience pertaining to Estates and Trusts
- financial advice
- excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
If this sounds like an opportunity that you are interested in, please direct your CV to HR Coordinator, Kirsten.Dawson@gqlaw.nz. Applications close 6 July 2018.
Our Core Values - What we Live by!
We strive to deliver the best advice, service and experience.
We embrace excellence in everything that we do.
Community connection, care and contribution.
We value and nurture authentic relationships.
We are trustworthy, honest and passionate.
We are real people who are committed to acting always in our client's best interests.
Live and Work Well
Empowerment, enjoyment and engagement.
We encourage and empower each other to make the most of opportunities and enjoy the experience.
Progressive and professional.
We are forward thinking and future focused.